Many Facebook users including you have been on a serious search on issue relating to their activities on the social network. I mean in search of how to regulate Facebook post or stories from being seen by specific set of friends or public. Any Facebook user who cannot contain public reaction can hide Facebook stories.
Not long ago Facebook added another feature that allows users to share stories like Instagram on their page. When you share Story on your page all your friends are to see it except where you know to how hide Facebook Stories. There are some points that may be personal to you which you wouldn’t like all your friend or relatives to see. Then the need to select those you would like to lock out of the post and those to see it.
Manage your Facebook activities
I know of a friend who doesn’t post on his Facebook status page because he doesn’t want some of his friends to see it. But after learning how to hide Facebook stories, he started updating his status. You created Facebook account for some purposes, one of which is to reach out to a larger community and share your thought with them. You can’t be led off the public hearing because you now have a way to avoid to those who you think are ready to attack your post anytime. You can now hide your activities on Facebook.
Facebook is where you can make as many friends as you want, which many may be stranger. Thus the need to hide Facebook stories from those who you think not wise to see it. Think of where you want to save your photos and don’t want any of your friends to see or comment on it. How do you achieve this? It can only be achieved when you know how to hide your Facebook story.
Without much stories I want to share with you how to hide Facebook stories, Facebook post, birthday date and other personal information from public. Each of them has different procedures to follow and I’m going to explain then one after the other.
Hide Facebook Stories from Public
Facebook stories are photos, Videos and post you share on your story row on top of your homepage. It last 24 hours before it disappears like WhatsApp status.
- Login to your account and tap the three dots. It is beside “Your Archive”
- Tap Edit Story Settings
- You will have four different options to choose. If you want anyone on Facebook or messenger, which those that are not your friends to see your story tap “Public”
- If it is your friends and those connected to you on message that you want to see the post, tap “Friends and connections”
- For friends alone tap “Friends”
- If you want to hide it generally so that no one will see it, tap “No One“
- Lastly, if you want to hide Facebook stories from a particular friend or set of friends, tap “Hide story from” and select those you want to hide the story from.
You can also hide Facebook stories on the process of sharing it. Get the story ready and uploaded it. Facebook will bring options where you will select those to see it. Choose from the options and share.
There are two important things to keep in mind when you want to share something on Facebook. First is whether you want what you shared to save on your account. Second is whether you want it last for just the 24 hours.
Hide Facebook Post
- Login to your account if you are not logged in already
- Tap Menu icon on the right side of your homepage
- From the dropdown menu, tap “Settings”.
- Tap Privacy settings
- Click on “Who can see your future post”
- Select public if you want it be seen by the public.
- Tap “Friends” for your friends alone
- Then if you want to exclude a certain friend or friends, tap Friend except and select those you want to guide the post from.
- Tap “Only me” to hide it from every other person except for yourself.
How To Hide Birth Date And Year
- Tap menu icon and select Settings
- Then, tap Privacy settings
- Scroll down; you will see Date of Birth and Year of Birth. Tap on the one you want to
- Hide and select those you want to hide it from.
That’s all, you now limit those you want to see your Facebook timeline update by following the above instructions.
I hope this article helped you?